• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

honda air box

cherokeekid

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a thread that mentioned using a honda air box that sat on top of the throttle body. but cannot find the thread. I need to find an alternative airbox to attach to my snorkel while running dual batteries.

K&N no longer carrys the apollo which was a sealed air canister and they have no current product that fits the bill. do you have a link to what you are talking about?

this was a factory honda piece and mounted on the throttle body.

well, I searched as well, so that thread probably got canned.

anyway, I remmebr that guy saying it was the stock airbox from a 1.7L honda motor.

The honda one was in the picture section, search honda in the picture showcase.

BlueCuda said:
The honda one was in the picture section, search honda in the picture showcase.

Seems its gone for some reason. It was a good write up I wonder what happened?

what model Honda? I assume different body styles have different airbox. any idea on the range of model and years?

does anyone remember who posted it?

Last edited:
cherokeekid said:
K&N no longer carrys the apollo which was a sealed air canister and they have no current product that fits the bill. do you have a link to what you are talking about?

this was a factory honda piece and mounted on the throttle body.
Damn I wanted one of those.

K&N does list the filter still but it has been discontinued apparently it didn't flow as well as they had intended.

It may be TheInstaller's thread I assume it the part used was off a 2001 1.7? any recollection?

cherokeekid said:
K&N does list the filter still but it has been discontinued apparently it didn't flow as well as they had intended.

It may be TheInstaller's thread I assume it the part used was off a 2001 1.7? any recollection?
pretty sure it was a later model, so 2001 seems about right.

Back