• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shims or t-case drop?

tgile512

NAXJA Forum User
i just put on a rustys bb and got some very minor vibes so i decided to get the t-case drop kit. i haven't put it on yet but i am wondering, would this do the same thing as shims or do i need shims also. again it is very minimal vibes i just wanted to get rid of them. any help would be great

tgile512 said:
i just put on a rustys bb and got some very minor vibes so i decided to get the t-case drop kit. i haven't put it on yet but i am wondering, would this do the same thing as shims or do i need shims also. again it is very minimal vibes i just wanted to get rid of them. any help would be great

You're gonna get flamed. Either way.....info on your rig would be good. Year and all that.

I had a 2" bb on my XJ and had minor vibes. And when I say minor, I mean really minor. Meaning it wasn't worth putting in a TC drop. The question is, how minor is it? Also, what was used to lift the rear? Shackle, AAL, Blocks or a combination?

yea guess i kinda messed that one up, i have a 99 sport with rustys aal bb. i get vibes starting at around 35 mph and they go untill 50 mph. they are not so major that i feel like i am loosing control of the jeep but just more on an annoyance. the main reason for the t-case drop was to correct the drive shaft angle, which is what i thought it does, the vibes are just a secondary thing

tgile512 said:
yea guess i kinda messed that one up, i have a 99 sport with rustys aal bb. i get vibes starting at around 35 mph and they go untill 50 mph. they are not so major that i feel like i am loosing control of the jeep but just more on an annoyance. the main reason for the t-case drop was to correct the drive shaft angle, which is what i thought it does, the vibes are just a secondary thing

It does correct some of the angle. The '97 plus are more prone to vibes. Mine was an '01 and but I had shackles in the rear and it turned the pinion up just enough.

Your call chief; it's not gonna hurt to try it. Install the TC drop and if it works, you're good. I look at TC drops as a quick fix though, not a solution to the problem. If it works and you decide to go w/ a bigger lift, you should really get a SYE.

the only way to know what needs to be done is to google 'driveline angles', read the articles, buy an angle finder, then figure out what needs to be done to correct for the lift.

End of thread.

Back