• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep bogs while in deep water.

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
Why does my jeep bog like hell when I'm in water that is up the rockers ? I know it has to push the water in order to rid itself of the exhaust but it felt like it had NO power at all. Almost wouldn't move under its own power.

Water is something like a hundred times denser than air and weighs 7 pounds to the gallon and nearly a ton per cubic yard.
Getting in deep enough for the fan blade to hit, can also bog the motor down.
Remember where the air intake is, getting water in there can be catastrophic very quickly.

I know all too well about the intake, I locked the engine in my old red jeep like that. Well, the water was pretty deep, but when I went into the mud I got about 3/4 the way through and it just felt like it had NO power at all. The RMPs were struggling to reach 2,500 with it floored and I didn't move. I ended up rocking it some and getting out in reverse. I was in High range btw, i avoid Low range, don't need it for mud.

probably got some water in the distributor and all of that mess down there.

it happens to me every once in a while. take some RTV and seal up the distributor.

honestly i use Low range for the mud all the time, just doesnt have the power to throw crap everywhere when in Hi range if the mud is thick enough. just my experience through and im also with stock gears on 31s

Back