• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage mounting surface?

sharpie1k

NAXJA Forum User
I think I want a traditional cage, which does not block any doors.

cagedesigncopy.jpg

I am now thinking of ways to mount it to the floor. I usually see the floor plates, on which the tube is welded, and which are bolted to the floor using four bolts. Well, I got to thinking, and there really isnt any protection for a shear force forward and backward laterally. So then I thought up this idea:

cagetieins.jpg

you are looking front to back or back to front, either way.

I thought using some angle iron with a couple bolts through the uniframe would help that shear force. is this needed? Any thoughts accepted. Charlescho from Jeepforum, and I will both be caging our junk, and he has a bender and a welder which we will be using.

sharpie1k said:
Well, I got to thinking, and there really isnt any protection for a shear force forward and backward laterally.

I thought using some angle iron with a couple bolts through the uniframe would help that shear force. is this needed?

what shear force? You'll see compression and bending; not much shear

Back