• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 disc brake rear axle

XJrambler

NAXJA Forum User
The axle is a dana 44 disc brake rear end. It's six lug and approx. 60" wms to wms. I believe, don't hold me to it, it has 4.56:1 gears in it. The axle comes complete with the brakes & calipers and 4 wheels and tires if you want them.

I'll take $225obo for it...the axle is located in Knoxville, TN 37921. I will ship it at the buyers expense. However, I will take it to one of the local freight companies for free.

I'll try and post a pic up tomorrow, but I think everyone should know what a dana 44 looks like.

Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention it is a six lug axle.

Can you get some pics of it, we all know what a d44 looks like, but not the condition of this one and how the brakes look, etc. How long has it been geared? Or is it an Isuzu d44?

BTW get pics and I may take it. Can you drive any to meet? I am in Birmingham.

ZachMan said:
Can you get some pics of it, we all know what a d44 looks like, but not the condition of this one and how the brakes look, etc. How long has it been geared? Or is it an Isuzu d44?

BTW get pics and I may take it. Can you drive any to meet? I am in Birmingham.

Yep. It's an isuzu d44 so it should have the 4.56:1 thick gear set in it...I don't believe it's ever been regeared. The axle is in great shape...If you are still interested I will take some pictures of it, but it will be tomorrow because I won't be back in town until then.

Yes please do

Here's a few pics for you:

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010013.jpg

You willing to meet 1/2 way?

selarep said:
how hard would it be to mod this to fit?

They are the perfect width for a cherokee, but you will need to weld new perches on top of the axle because it is currently setup spring under unless you have a comanchee. The only thing is they are a six lug...so unless you didn't mind different bolt patterns on the front and rear you would need a wagoneer, jeep truck, or a chevy dana 44 in the front to match the rear. You might be able to order custom shafts and new rotors for the rear that will match the front 5lug but I don't know about that.

Back