• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE3.5 lift need anything else?

alwaysready

NAXJA Forum User
just curious what else i will need im looking at the 3.5 RE lift
how much actual lift should it give?
i know i should get new shocks right?
do i need a new track bar?
if i didnt get a trackbar what are the downfalls?(bumpsteer?)
or the axle will just be pushed to one side slightly?
i usually run with bunch of tools i the back should i go AALS or just a new pack and longer shackles or blocks if i sag it too much with weight?
i plan on running moabs with the stock 31's
Thanks thanks thanks for answering..

You will probably get more than 3.5 inches of lift more like around 4 to 4.25 until the springs settle. If possible spend the extra money and get the leaf packs, the AAL's tend to sit lower in the rear when put on the old springs.
Stock track bar should be ok, I didn't notice any handling issues on my jeep with a stock track bar (opinions very)
Shocks of the correct length should come with your kit, as well as a new rear brake line extention and longer SB links.
The day you order your kit, hang up the phone, go out and spray all the bolts that will be removed with PBlaster. Do this ounce a day until the UPS guy shows up in the "Big Brown Truck". Don't forget the rear brake line fitting at the frame rail, and the fittings at the splitter block that bolt to the axle tube.
95 and up usuaily need a 1" t-case drop to correct drive line vibs at 50+ mph.

Last edited:
Back