• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im an idiot

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
well, 2 days and the rear lift isnt dsone yet. i think im gunna stop now b4 i f*ck it even more up. i think i quit now and sell the tools and tool box and the jeep and mayb the lift. needed to vent.

Ya wouldn't happen to have stuck rust and broken bolts would ya?

of course. trying to put the shocks in, broke the bolts. drilled them out and re tapped, threads are shit. i might try and drill to 3/8 and make sure i dont f*ck it up again. besides the shocks i just have to torque everything and the back is done. any body in mass wanna help?

I love dry places, no broken bolts :)

Good luck with the rest.

OCMI_Teddy said:

Good luck with the rest.

X20..........I just parted out and 85 and had no issues with any bolt on the rig...hell didnt even have to use a breaker bar......Id suggest moving out of the rust belt

Shock bolts suck, but it could have been worse, at least your leaf mounting bolts didnt rip the nut out of the frame, gas tank catch on fire and truck fall off the jack and one of the drums land on your crotch. See, now dont ya feel better?

OCMI_Teddy said:

Good luck with the rest.
rockwerks said:
X20..........I just parted out and 85 and had no issues with any bolt on the rig...hell didnt even have to use a breaker bar......Id suggest moving out of the rust belt

yeah... THAT solves his immediate problem, huh?

well, goin to do the front yay. that should go easier
already have the lower arms in and the stabilizer. did em the other day.

ECKSJAY said:
They're so helpful. :D

We are here moral support, and we told him to move out of the rust belt. You people up there are better men than us:patriot:

DesertYJ said:
Spray PB Blaster on everything...walk away...come back and spray PB blaster...repeat this for several days...then try and break them bolts loose.

X2, and a little heat always helps too

i got the back done
thanks for the support.............. now i have to do the front. please help!!!!! keep me going another 5 hrs.!!!!!

rockwerks said:
stop yer damn whining and get er DUN!
well, i do live up here in salt country, so im not looking forward to it............... say, anything for rent down your way? i just might move out of the snow belt. that might be the best idea ive ever had. sell this one and get one from down there

Back