• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powerlock

Overdriven

NAXJA Member #1020
I was pricing a Detroit locker through Randy's and the guy there was really trying to turn me on to a Powerlock limited slip. It was about $200 cheaper and he stated that it was very similar to a locker with great on road manors.

I have a 4" lift, 33's, 4.0, auto, open front and I regearing to 4.56. Most of my wheelin is mud, trails, and some washouts/sand and dirt, or mild rock crawlin. I also like to drive it back and forth to work a few times a week.

Anybody running one of these? Are they worth it or should I stick to a detroit.

I dont see how anyone can make the claim that a limited slip is similar to a locker. On road manors of a LSD are of course better than a full locker.

Toss in the full detroit. On road in the rear won;t bother you expecially if you're only driving it a few times a week.

The difference between a LSD and a full detroit off road will make you want one up front as well.
There is no comparison between an LSD and a full locker.

Back