• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Traction Bar Needed? for 3"?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
As most of you know, no kits that I know of that are praised on here come with a traction bar for their 3" kits... now that being said, is it to my benefit to run one with a 3" lift? This has been most of the debate all along with what amount of lift I want to run... I think at this point a tcase drop is almost inevitable and will need axle shims for sure.

I know for sure that the axle will be noticably off set @ 3" of lift and is there any really negative side effects to this? Cheap fixes? It will be almost cheaper for me to buy a track bar on my side of the border and I am definitely thinking about it in the budget...

J-Roc said:
As most of you know, no kits that I know of that are praised on here come with a traction bar for their 3" kits... now that being said, is it to my benefit to run one with a 3" lift? This has been most of the debate all along with what amount of lift I want to run... I think at this point a tcase drop is almost inevitable and will need axle shims for sure.

I know for sure that the axle will be noticably off set @ 3" of lift and is there any really negative side effects to this? Cheap fixes? It will be almost cheaper for me to buy a track bar on my side of the border and I am definitely thinking about it in the budget...
I know I can redrill now from a quick search, although not the most comfortable with that approach...

Opps wrong button hah

I went without for a few months, drove me bat sh*T. Limited steering travel,increased rub and looked goofy, I was able to source an adjustable trac bar from rubicon express for a shade over a couple hundred canadian.

Was that used or did you just know a couple people with connections? Local places are looking for $200 which is somewhat reasonable... It is like $170 USD from RE so not much is really being saved...

with a 3.5" lift I just redrilled a new hole and ran with it like that for almost 2 years with no problem. If you are really not down with that then buying one is a good bet as I had to do when I went to 5.5" but running a stock one even with a 3" lift you will definately need to drill or buy a new one.

sorry

you didn't. just saying it so if people are confused. People run stock track bars on 3" - I wouldn't do it. redrill the hole 3/8-1/2" towards the driver

Yeah,jobber price,If u have a jeep you must personally know a parts person that can hook you up!

Back