• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Gauge Lights On 97+

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
Any one done this before using these style LEDs?
d1_1_b.JPG

If so... how did it look? I just ordered my new actualy gauge set for my 97 X and i am wanting to put some LED's in it because my stock lights are pretty dim
any info would really help.

there's a company that makes white faced gagues for the 97+ tj and it looks pretty sweet, are they the same gauges???
http://www.whitegauges.net/whitegauges_results.php?brandID=998511&modelID=23851&productsID=58

It may be difficult.

A lamp is an "omnidirectional" emitter - it throws light in all directions.

An LED is a "unidirectional" emitter - it throws light in a cone straight forward. Unless the lamp is arranged with emitters to the sides, it might not help you.

I've tossed around the idea of painting the backside of the gage surround with some variety of "spray chrome" to increase reflection, but I've not gotten around to it yet. Since you sound like you're about to pull the pin on this, I'd appreciate a "report from the field," as it were, and let me know what you found it necessary to do to get the lights to work for you. I'd try a single LED in a known location first...

rodger 5-90.
did you check out the white face glow gauges for the TJ? think those would fit for 97+ xj?

thats 96 and below....
they use a diff. set up.

selarep said:
rodger 5-90.
did you check out the white face glow gauges for the TJ? think those would fit for 97+ xj?

I replaced my 98XJ's idiot light gauge panel with a gauge panel out of a TJ several years ago, same panel just some missing bulbs or bulbs plugged into features the TJ has that the XJ may not have and also the reverse.

should be getting my gauges tomorrow, i'll post up a how to soon

Back