• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with my DANA30

cykaaro

NAXJA Forum User
I"ve been searching everywhere and so far come up with nothing.

Couple weeks ago I blew my passenger axle shaft ears. Well, when doing some maintenance/work on it, I noticed that inside the vacume disconnect housing to the left of it was what looked like the what was left of a bearing. I've since found that I've been leaking diff oil.
I picked up what is supposed to be a new bearing kit for it with seals that I need to put in, but I cannot find any write up of how to do or where the parts go at all. Even a blow-up of a dana30 axle doesn't even show these parts.
Does anyone know how I should go about putting this kit in?

thx

I was having some issues with my front axle not engaging. Turned out the left side bushing had been damaged and allowed the inner shaft to move over just enough for the shift coller to not connect the two shafts. If I understand what you are saying it is a plastic bushing on the left side of the housing (at least on mine). It wasn't listed in the exploded diagram at the dealership but underneath the picture it had a part number for a "bushing". If you're leaking oil though it would have to be the seal on the right side of the shift fork housing or bad gasket on the shift fork housing.

Here's a pic of my housing with my partially damaged old bushing.

P1290014.jpg

I installed that bushing by getting it partially started and then putting the axles back in and slightly tapping on them to push it the rest of the way.

Last edited:
Don't forget that the disco housing is supposed to have 5 oz of gearlube when your done.

Thanks for the pic and info on the lube. Definitely helps. What does the other side of the housing look like? I know I'm obviously missing a seal, as the tube is wide open right now.
Question.
The kit comes with, and it is for my year ['90] a roller bearing that looks about the size of the axle that would fit in the end of the tube, a large v-ring seal, a plastic ring of some sort, a rubber ring that looks like some kinda of 'cap' [it has a groove on one side of it like it sits over something] and some metal piece is a lot larger in diameter, has a flange on athe inside part of the ring, and the plastic piece can fit exactly inside of.
The bearing itself has the same inner opening diameter as the roller bearing has.
The kit, although I'm coming up empty while searching, on it says made by SKF, and part wise shows sku 085211050685, and then BK1_WHEEL_BEAR BX: A1527550065. and as well NEDASY. While looking at the part list at the store, it's the only bearing that comes up for the front other than wheel hubs and also shows the bearings for the dana35 axle which it definitely wouldn't be. So I'm kinda flying blind right now with this.

Back