• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR sliders

XJ9888

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody tried a set of the JCR off-road stage 1 sliders? they are 2X3 tubing and seem to be pretty sturdy(from the pictures, i know). Easy install? pretty tough?

There are a ton of people who have JCR sliders. Installation isnt too tough. Some have trouble mounting to the pinch seam. Its best to have another person help you hold it in place(along with a jack) to mark the holes on the 'frame' so they can be drilled for the self tapping bolts. Otherwise, installation is not too tough.

If I remember right, they are 3/16" thick tubing.

Good investment. You will find very little (like nothing) negative regarding JCR on this site. Their products and service are top notch by all accounts, as well as being huge supporters of NAXJA. Welcome to the board.
-Ryan

DSCF1250.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JCR SL1D3R5 4R3 T3H R0X0R5+!!1

Don't listen to General Lee about installing JCR stuff!

He is a cheater! :)

(that is jealousy talking by the way)

I just put some on mine and the only trouble I had was mounting the the pinch seem part. I dont know if my seem was to short or what but I caught he!! trying to get the holes into the middle of the seem. They are tough though as I can lift the jeep with them and jump up and down on them without them moving at all.

XJ9888 said:
Anybody tried a set of the JCR off-road stage 1 sliders? they are 2X3 tubing and seem to be pretty sturdy(from the pictures, i know). Easy install? pretty tough?

I've got a set of stage 2's. They've held up great. I've come down on them pretty hard.
Buy them and don't look back.

www.jcroffroad.com

Hale

normal_IMG_3872.jpg
normal_IMG_3778.JPG

normal_IMG_3784.JPG
normal_IMG_3786.JPG

JCR Stage two... for a longarm kit... went on allright had to drill 5 extra holes per side so my longarm skidplate would not push it out an extra 1/4 of an inch. and anyone with bush wackers are going to have to trim them up abit... that install was easy after I made the new bolt holes and trimmed my flars if you dont have a long arm kit and no fender flares I bet the install could be done in less then an hour. if nothing is obstructing your pinch seem.... that is. I chose Stage 2 because I like the protection it gives my side pannels from trees or going sideways in to rocks. can't really say how well they hold up yet, only put them on a few weeks ago. going to RC end of this month I will tell ya how I they do...

Steve.

Last edited:
I installed the stage 2 also. You need a floor jack to hold them up. I had to modify and weld somthing on the pinch seam bracket to get them to fit well enough to suit me. A draw back is that they come unpainted so It cost you some time and money. Prefit and pre drill before you paint them and you need a helper to at least make sure the don't move when you mark and drill. If your pinch seam is hammered way in because of previous hits and you can't reform it then thru bolt a piece of angle Iron to the bottom of the floor to replace the damaged mounting point.

very doable by yourself... just jack up the car from below the slider... it wont move.... then mark it....

you MAY want a 3/4" peice of chalk/soapstone... otherwise marking the pinch seam can be difficult...

xcm said:
very doable by yourself... just jack up the car from below the slider... it wont move.... then mark it....

you MAY want a 3/4" peice of chalk/soapstone... otherwise marking the pinch seam can be difficult...

Doable with one guy, yes.
Much, much easier with two.

Hale

xcm said:

I used a Right angle Drill and jacked up the rail then drilled it in place... all the holes... well thats after I loosly put in the frame rail screws... :) some of those I marked... but the pinch seam holes I eyed up adn drilled in place.
IMG_3777.JPG

Back