• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"AUTHORIZED MODIFICATION" Sticker underhood HELP!

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Looking around under my hood and noticed this sticker... is this normal and any one out there know what this means!? i did some google searches on it and found nothing!

dssdln2.jpg

clipboard01pt5.jpg

Any help would be appreciated what was done by that dealer? i bought this car of a lot and have had no problems with it its a great XJ and this just caught my eye and got me wondering so here I am taping the wealth of knowledge at NAXJA!

thanks!

I would imagine it has something to do with the recall that has to do with the catalytic converter...

that be on a 2000??? build date was Dec. 1999 checked on the door :)

That usually means there's been a change to something emissions-related. Might want to pull the recall / TSB history for your vehicle and match what was done to it with the date on the sticker. Nothing to worry about, though.

Hmm, I have a similar sticker, except its directly above the radiator, right where you open up the hood, and mine is a '99. I've wondered this for a while too.

Call a dealer and give them the info off the sticker they can look it up for you,have your vin # handy to. Got the same sticker under the hood of my dodge p/u. Its a notification so anyone that works on it knows a certain recall has been performed.they can also check to see if there is any others that haven't been done yet. My dodge even has something written on the sticker about reflashing the computer.

ya 2000 yr

hmm.. rough idle!???

Or you could google the TSB number (without the dashes).

1801301 - ROUGH IDLE AT COLD TEMPERATURES
Date: 06/11/01
Model Year(s): 2000
Description: Some vehicle engines may exhibit a rough idle and / or Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) light on condition upon initial start-up after a cold soak when temperatures are below 50 degrees F (10 degrees c). This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with new software (Cal level 00Cal15C).

Anytime the PCM is reflashed by the dealer to a new 'updated' software, they have to put that sticker on by federal law. I believe it's an EPA requirement.

Later,
Joe

Back