• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-brake cable

kbradner

NAXJA Forum User
When I bought my jeep it had a 4.5 lift kit on it, and the emergency brake cable is too short. Where can I buy an extended emergency brake line. Everywhere I have looked, its just for the brake line, not the emergence brake.

And specify the passenger side cable - they're longer.

On my 98 I moved the junction box where the control cable meets the two wheel cables back toward the axel to gain length.

Drew_98xj said:
6" lift on my 98 at full rear flex both my cables reach. strange???

so did mine but every time i got off the trail i had to readjust (my guess was that the cables stretched)

ive now got yj cables and wish i and done the swap a long time ago
cost me somthing like 15-20 each

the only hard part was finding M8 treaded rod and a M8 connecting nut

finding an all tread 8x1.25mm rod wasnt too hard to get, I just got a long 8x1.25mm bolt and cut the hex head off of it. as for the coupling nut, good luck finding one for that thread pitch, just weld it. much easier

BigWhiteXJ said:
finding an all tread 8x1.25mm rod wasnt too hard to get, I just got a long 8x1.25mm bolt and cut the hex head off of it. as for the coupling nut, good luck finding one for that thread pitch, just weld it. much easier
Hmmmm. I had no problem finding all-thread or a coupling nut. Guess you just gotta look in the right places? :dunno:

brake3.jpg

From my D44 e-brake writeup: http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/dana44.html#ebrake

lucky you; i called every nut & bolt, fastner type place in portland, and they could all get me the all tread rod, but the coupling nut they said would very hard to find due to the thread pitch. But either way looks like we both got ours to work oneway or another

i ended up w/ a meter long stick of all thread since i couldnt find a bolt to cut and the place were i found the rod only sold in in meter lenghts

as for the connecting nut i ended up finding that at ACE hardware

Back