• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Subwoofer/Amp Wiring???

Fast95Neon

NAXJA Forum User
How did you guys wire up the power wire and rca cables?

i cant figure out how i wanna or should do it....
its so much easier to do it in a neon lol

help pweez

I ran the power wire under the right side panels and had to drill a hole behind the carpet on the passenger side to feed it through then up to the battery on the right side. It was kinda hard to find where to drill the hole, on my 95' xj its got some crap in the way and after i drilled the hole i fed the wire through and couldnt find it on the other side, turns out i was off like 1/2 an inch to the right and drilled into some dark closed in box area of some strange kind... dunno where the hell it was.. I drilled in a few different places and finally got through.

for the speaker wires I ran them on the left side to avoid distortion, under the trim panels the same way and fed them up behind the pedals. (wire tie them to something plenty far away from the pedals, otherwise you'll hit them and tug the wires) Getting them up to the stereo was a pain in the neck, had to tape the wires to [something long and skinny] and push them through this mad abyss of wires to get up to the radio. Grounded to a seat belt buckle bolt that attached to the body under the passenger seat I think..

I can take some pics if you want.

zerobounds said:
I ran the power wire under the right side panels and had to drill a hole behind the carpet on the passenger side to feed it through then up to the battery on the right side. It was kinda hard to find where to drill the hole, on my 95' xj its got some crap in the way and after i drilled the hole i fed the wire through and couldnt find it on the other side, turns out i was off like 1/2 an inch to the right and drilled into some dark closed in box area of some strange kind... dunno where the hell it was.. I drilled in a few different places and finally got through.

When your cable disappeared you most likely went through the pass. side quarter panel which is hollow.

It is waaaay easier to run the power wire on the pass. side behind the kickpanel (where the fuse box is on the newer ones) and go through the door jamb (where your wires are for the windows/locks) and feed it up through the pass. quarter panel that is hollow. The wire will come out of a hole that is right next to your battery. Use a wire coat hanger and tape the end of the wire to it and feed it through. Takes about 5 minutes.

Amp behind driver's seat (I don't use my back seat,) 8AWG power lead along driver's door sill, and RCA's under centre console (to separate them from the front/back harness. Turn blinkers can cause the lines to "click.")

Borrow a seat mounting screw for a ground - replace the black oxide with a plated screw, M8-1.25 x 30m/m should do.

i just ran 00 cable under the truck along the unibody rail with asphalt based HD wire loom wrapping it, and held it up with screw in wire clamps. then i drilled a hole in the passenger side floor behind the plastic cover and ran the wires out to a distribution block mounted to the plastic. but then again i was running 2 1500w bass amps and a 1000w 4 channel :D i would post pics but someone stole all my stuff about 2 weeks ago, if you want i can show pics of the cable where i ran it thru the floor and where i ran it out of the plastic, just send me a PM and i'll go take pics.

-mike

GrimmJeeper said:
i just ran 00 cable under the truck along the unibody rail with asphalt based HD wire loom wrapping it, and held it up with screw in wire clamps. then i drilled a hole in the passenger side floor behind the plastic cover and ran the wires out to a distribution block mounted to the plastic. but then again i was running 2 1500w bass amps and a 1000w 4 channel :D i would post pics but someone stole all my stuff about 2 weeks ago, if you want i can show pics of the cable where i ran it thru the floor and where i ran it out of the plastic, just send me a PM and i'll go take pics.

-mike

to each his own but I definetly would not want expensive amp power cable that could get ripped off while offroading or even worse cause a short and fry my stuff with it mounted like that but that is just me

2001XJ said:
to each his own but I definetly would not want expensive amp power cable that could get ripped off while offroading or even worse cause a short and fry my stuff with it mounted like that but that is just me

i only go out in the sand, so its not an issue for me.

yeah, guess sand wouldn't matter then.....

Back