• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 XJ P0601 Code?

TheWraith

NAXJA Forum User
I was messign around with my Hypertech Power Tuner when i first got it modding my jeeps system and after i programmed it i got that code, now i know what it means it pretty much means teh ECU is crapping out on you. right afterwards i returned it compeltly back to stock but the CEL wouldnt go off even after clearing it. my question is, if i need a new ECU what years can i get it out of? or what cani do to try and fix this i have undoen the battery and even unplugged the ECU for 20 minutes with no luck!!!

P0601 - Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error Normally, this means something has changed with the internal programming and it didn't pass the checksum. A checksum is literally a sum derived from all the bytes in the memory and used as a sanity check that the memory/program isn't corrupted. In your case since it happened after you were programming it, I doubt it's a hardware problem. I'm thinking it means the Hypertech Power Tuner doesn't properly set the checksum when it makes changes to the memory. Have you called Hypertech and asked them how to undo the damage? I'm guessing the fix is to replace the ECU or have the dealer reflash it.

TheWraith said:
I was messign around with my Hypertech Power Tuner when i first got it modding my jeeps system and after i programmed it i got that code, now i know what it means it pretty much means teh ECU is crapping out on you. right afterwards i returned it compeltly back to stock but the CEL wouldnt go off even after clearing it. my question is, if i need a new ECU what years can i get it out of? or what cani do to try and fix this i have undoen the battery and even unplugged the ECU for 20 minutes with no luck!!!

I have the same problem on 2 WJ 4.0L using Hypertech too... Just wondering how do you solve this??

Back