• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL Question

dcXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to put in an AAL and currently I have the rear OME HD full spring packs. I've heard two different stories...one is that the OME packs do better with the OME add a leaf only...and the other is that an add a leaf is an add a leaf, and I can go a cheaper route and get a different brand (like RE, or Skyjacker, etc....), and be fine.

I wanted to know what some of you thought. I'm going up to 4.5" in the front and want to bring up the rear to match depending on how much lower it sits in the rear after the 4.5" springs are put in up front (right now the rear is at 4" above stock, and the front is at 3.5" above stock. I'm getting the 4.5" coils put in because I'm running the OME 930 coils and a spacer, and want to get rid of the spacer and use a full coil), so I'd just like to hear some opinions on what you guys think of this.

Thanks
Dave.

Damn, nobody? ;)

I'm just going to go with the OME aal....figured it's the safest bet and it's what ARB/OME recommends.

IMO wouldn't put in an over the counter AAL. i've heard good results of adding a leaf (or more) out of a factory set of s-10 pack. they can be had for cheap, ride, and flex better than a conventional AAL

FitchVA said:
IMO wouldn't put in an over the counter AAL. i've heard good results of adding a leaf (or more) out of a factory set of s-10 pack. they can be had for cheap, ride, and flex better than a conventional AAL

Cool, thanks for the info Steve....I'll look into that as well.

Put in the coils springs today to get rid of the OME springs and the 1.75" spacer...leaving out the Energy suspension coil spring isolator that was in there as well really did the trick to level out the front with the rear..had I left in the aftermarket coil spring isolator, the front would have been about an inch higher...so no AAL is necessary in the rear now...good news. Thanks for the info though. If the springs sag with the ARB bumper and winch up front in the future, I can always put the isolator back in to give it a bit of a bump up.

-Dave.

Back