• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VALUE OF FSM

burkemotorcross

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of buying a factory service manual for my 97 Jeep Cherokee. I am curious about the general price for a used one in decent shape, and i am wondering if it is worth the money.

What are your opinions?

Thanks

Definately worth the money and worth its weight in gold.

A good price is what you are willing to pay for it. I bought a FSM for my '98 on Ebay for $45. I think you can get them for a little over $100 from place such as TechAuthority....

got mine for a 96 off e-bay for 45 plus s&h

Worth every penny. Saved me hundreds of $$$, just in diagnosis.
Even if they cost $300, it should be the first thing you buy for your jeep.

I have FSM for my other vehicles, totally concur with every endorsement above.

~$100, I admit, I have to pause for something that expensive. I keep looking on eBay for them, when I see them for less than $50, I jump, there are the best manuals and definitely worth the cost. But its even sweeter to get one for $50 off ebay instead of spending $100 from Chrysler Direct.

Ben H said:
Worth every penny. Saved me hundreds of $$$, just in diagnosis.
Even if they cost $300, it should be the first thing you buy for your jeep.

And it was the first thing I bought for my Jeep. Bought it a week after I got the Jeep. I can't even begin to tell you how valuable it is. Yeah it doesn't look anywhere near brand new anymore, but thats because I actually read it, and it stays in the back of the Jeep so that I have it on me at all times.

I have FSM for my other vehicles, totally concur with every endorsement above.

~$100, I admit, I have to pause for something that expensive. I keep looking on eBay for them, when I see them for less than $50, I jump, there are the best manuals and definitely worth the cost. But its even sweeter to get one for $50 off ebay instead of spending $100 from Chrysler Direct.

same here I just got one for my 98 and it was under 50 bucks off ebay and its in pretty good shape

Back