• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn XD9000i Electrical Connector Broken

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
Since there is no off road equipment section, I figured I'd post this here. My buddy has a Warn XD9000i winch, but the electrical lead on the motor has broken off (red arrow). Does anyone know the best way to fix this? There is no replacement part listed on the Warn website.
winch.jpg

Thanks!

Yea i have heard the same about how "it would cost as much as a new winch" ive never had any of mine break off, but am sure if one did i would find a way to fix it. Personally i would just tear into it keeping all parts well in order and just try to fix it. Worse case you would be out of luck and sending it in anyways. And if you were closer i would come take it off your hands ... lol

i did try and get it fixed locally and while they could replace the stud the problem was getting it to stay where it belonged. theres some special nut thing or something and warn said they would only replace the motor. cost me almost $300 with shipping etc and I stil had other parts that were years old

Ok, it was eay to get to the bolt, but now I need to connect the brass contact to the head of the bolt. Any ideas?

Back