• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanting to go from A/C to non-A/C

bigjeepman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1991 Cherokee 4.0L with A/C. I took all the AC lines and the filter.dryer and the condensing coil out and I want to eliminate the compressor all together. Does anyone know what parts I need from a non AC cherokee to make this work. I am in the middle of overhauling the jeep and I am to the point where I am ready to do this part.

Thanks

Brian

From the '94-'96 Parts Catalog, there looks like there is a bracket that mounts on the AC bracket to put an Idler in the serpentine belt.

Part # 33002201 BUSHING
Part # 6502137 BOLT
Part # 53002903 PULLEY, Idler (1994) sorry, doesn't list 1991
Part # 53006551 BRACKET, Idler Pulley Mounting

There is no part # listing for the screws to hold the bracket down. It looks like it bolts right into the same mounting for the AC compressor. Its height is very different from the compressor, so the original screws should NOT work, as well, it only calls for 2 screws, but the drawing looks like its for 4 screws.

From www.allchryslerparts.com I get prices of $2.46, $1.44, $24.06 and $85.50 respectively.

I only have the '94-'96 Parts Catalog, so hopefully its NOT different from 1991.

That link seems to know where I am located, it took me to the local dealership parts site? Where did you get the partrs catalog. PM ME

1985xjlaredo said:
That link seems to know where I am located, it took me to the local dealership parts site? Where did you get the partrs catalog. PM ME

If you are talking about Jack Miller, that is the correct site. They sell factory parts at really good prices. I have purchased from them a few times.

They do happen to by in KC.

You can browse through the OEM Parts and find what you need.

thanks for the reply that is what I needed to see

Why do you need all that stuff? I would think you could just get a serpentine belt for w 4.0 w/o AC. That's what we did on my buddy's YJ.

Ah ok I go there all the time my buddy works there. His Dad is Really good friends with Jack

Back