• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1986 Jeep Cherokee XJ Turbo Diesel - $1000 OBO

jfiscus

NAXJA Forum User
1986 Jeep Cherokee XJ Turbo Diesel 4x4
179,484 miles, new timing belt

$1000 OBO

86xj1.jpg

frontseats.jpg

It currently runs (off a crappy electric fuel pump), but either the mechanical fuel pump needs replaced or there is a crack in one of the "soft" fuel lines allowing air in. It has some interior missing pieces. I took it for a drive & it ran & idled well, shifted great (even for me with limited stick experience), but after driving it a few times & letting it idle I believe I have killed the cheapo electric pump by running diesel through it. A friend told me it needs new glow plugs to make it start sooner the first time, but Autozone has them for $13 ea, or possibly the low fuel pressure isn't enough to get the diesel going.

It's overall a good Jeep, there is minor surface rust in a few places & the drivers side floor needs a patch cut out & welded in where it's rusted through. (around 8"x10" I believe) it is a Laredo, so it's all power locks, seats, windows, etc. It could use a good cleaning, but should finish up nice. The oil pressure guage in the dash doesn't work, so the PO "installed" the little guage resting in the rag on the console. The dash has some glued-on overlay that's broke, but I have a "like new" dash bezel I'm including you can replace it with. Headliner is sagging & rear hatch interior panel is missing.
It's a 5-speed & I have been told this gets 35 mpg (which would be great now with gas & diesel costing the same $2.89/gal).

The pics are here:
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/jfiscus/86 Jeep Cherokee Diesel/

My phone is 513.967.7091
The Jeep can be seen at 2921 Omaha Street, Middletown, OH by appointment.
For a quicker reply send an email to jfiscus(at)allianceprinting.net

Pm'd you with some information. We will be talking I am sure in a few days.

Jeff

Back