• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cargo nets and duffel bags?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
looking for some opinions here. does anybody use a cargo net to hold their gear on their roof rack? I am talking about stuff like sleeping bags and lighter stuff,not real heavy stuff. what brand works the best? How about duffel bags? I am thinking about buying a few waterproof duffel bags to put the sleeping bags and stuff in. what is a good brand/style to get? sorry if these questions seem silly,this is my 1st time taking the xj camping with the kids,and need all the storage area i can get. thanks for the ideas,Ben

I use Duffle bags and travel Carrier bags. They work great for the small stuff you speak of. It also makes it easy to unload and store the crap when you get home after a run.

For duffle bags I use the standard issue green military ones. They are tough, but not very water proof. I have found that the travel carrier bags work really well and are pretty water tight.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...07197/p-2007197/N-111+10201+600001516/c-10101

Last edited:
If you have a cargo rack Raingler might have what you are looking for. I use a Thule roof top carrier when I go camping. It keeps everything dry and frees up a lot of interior space. You can also do a search for the Thule #846 Quest bag.

xjwisconsin said:
I use dry bags like you get for river rafting ect... work great... strong and water proof... then a ratchet strap to hold them down

Exactly. You can find these pretty reasonable at places like Cabelos and Bass Pro and never even think about any of the contents getting wet. I bungee mine down to the rack.

I also use an ATV rack net in the cargo area.
Picture012.jpg

Tino said:
cargo nets? duffel bags? modified tech???:roflmao:

9 posts and you're already stepping on toes? :rolleyes:

Back