• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little jeep yardwork

CROSBIKE

NAXJA Forum User
My dad had some trees taken down the other day and needed them to move. it was extremely effective and i got to tear up my backyard.

jeeplog3.jpg

jeeplog2.jpg

jeeplog1.jpg

i hear its the new thing to use for a bumper. screw steel use a big old pine log and your king of the road

what would be cool is if your stinger/ bush guard went out further and you added a removable pulley or clevis to turn it into a hoist. that would be BA. never the less, why break you back when you have a jeep?

seriously. my family used to own a boatyard and my dad said that if it was still around my grandfather would put and A-frame on my jeep and haul moorings all day long. Im so glad thats not the case.
alex

CROSBIKE said:
nice mark. ur grass sure is green. get them 33's yet? have u regeared em axles?
Was going to pick them up Fri, but didn't get a chance, will do it next week when I'm home from school. Its good because two of my front tires decided to develop leaks around the bead after Saturday's wheeling, leaving one completely flat the next day. Blew up the spider gears in my front axle also, and had to trailer it home from RI, was a sad day.

Will have to take a trip to a few junkyards one day soon, pick up a new fascia to replaced the one I cracked, and look for some axles with different gearing.

As for the grass, its only green because that was spring last summer, it all dies in that area halfway through summer.

nice ya i got 33 bfg muds im throwing on this week or the next. need to call doc wheels and have em regear my axles. im spending a hundred bucks a week on gas alone. im dying to get a d44 rear.

zachxj01 said:
green grass in cape cod.........i go there every summer thats pretty rare lol mostly sand or pine needles
Let me guess, you go out to Yarmouth or down that end of the Cape?

And around here, we say on cape cod, not in cape cod.

great pics! What did you use to coat your lower panels on your XJ? I'm looking to do the same thing...looks really good!

i like to say im in the cod. lol just kidding.

i used ace rust stop high gloss black paint for the lower quarters and my rear quarter panel gaurd. i had flat on there and the gloss looks a lot better imo

CROSBIKE said:
i like to say im in the cod. lol just kidding.

i used ace rust stop high gloss black paint for the lower quarters and my rear quarter panel gaurd. i had flat on there and the gloss looks a lot better imo

Cool, looks great man..thanks for the info. It's amazing what you can do with rattle can paint these days...I would have not guessed it was that.

well thanks i appreciate the compliments. im going to order the slickrockgear.com front armored fenders soon and may just rattle can the whole bottom half high gloss black matching the body lines. not sure yet.
alex

Back