• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help! Tranny line QD fitting o-rings

Lowmile89

NAXJA Forum User
I've been dealing with jeep dealers all day and they are useless! Where the transmission cooler lines go into the trans there is a large (7/8) hex fitting that accepts the plastic clip, inside that fitting i need to replace the orings (at least 2). All i have are chunks of rubber that i pulled out and they can't tell me how many or what size or how it goes together. Any info maybe a diagram or something would save my day.

In case someone has intimate knowlege, I know one oring goes behind the white retainer ring does the other go in front, deeper inside???

I just messed with repairing my leaky lines a few weeks ago. While I had the lines apart I considered replacing the QD parts. I went to my local NAPA and they had all that stuff right there. I decided against doing it b/c they didn't leak from the QD. Sorry I can't be more help but I didn't get all that into it. I had one guy tell me to be careful when removing the lines b/c those QD parts were really hard to find. That's why I was surprised to see them at NAPA. Go in and see if that's what you need. If you want...I can call my buddy and get the part # for you if they say they can't get them. Good luck.

-river

don't use those fittings--cut the hard lines and run 3/8 hose with some clamps.

you can find fittings with nipples to accept the hose at your local home improvment store to go into the rad.

Jess said:
don't use those fittings--cut the hard lines and run 3/8 hose with some clamps.

you can find fittings with nipples to accept the hose at your local home improvment store to go into the rad.

I don't think that's what he's talking about. Unless I misunderstood, I think he's looking for the o rings that go in the trans end where the hard line connects to. Can't use 3/8 hose for that. I could be wrong though.

Yeah im talking about where the lines enter the trans not radiator. This is all inside of the female fittings screwed into the side of the transmission.
Well I gave it a shot and im not sure if it's right but it's not leaking. I got a box of o-rings from the AC section at autozone (the old stuff was green) I matched the size to the white ring. I put an oring then the white plastic ring, another oring followed by the black plastic cone (smaller end first).

I found some other posts that said the dealer has a service kit for the QD fittings and it's the same as fuel rail ones. I guess the 3 local dealers couldn't figure that out, but they were nice enough to charge me $6 a piece for the wrong o-rings

Thanks for the replys though

Last edited:
Rock auto has the replacement fitting that include the plastic snap and everything. I believe they are 6 bucks a peice, I am just going to steal the oring and plastic fitting from it.

i believe, if i remember correctly, the repair kit part # is 83504447 through the dealer. it should be the plastic "duck bill" cilp, two orings and a little plastic ring-thing all together. this is strictly from memory however. i believe each "kit" was about 20 bucks or so.

Back