• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

265/75-16 WHAT SIZE LIFT?

bfred

NAXJA Forum User
I've been trying to search for an answer to this question, but without much luck. 265/75-16 measures out to about 31.5 inches. Was wondering if anyone has tried this tire size with an RE 3.5" lift. Would there be enough clearance? Planning on running aftermarket rims so I can change backspacing if needed. Was hoping to avoid the extra cost of the 4.5" and sye/vibration problems. Thanks in advance!!

Id say min 4.5" if you are willing to trim the fenders,if you are your good to go!

I have mine on a 4" and its great

I 265 75 r16 on RE 3.5 with very little trimming.

NWFESTTSF06041.jpg

I've heard on here many times that the RE lifts are usually higher than advertised... is this true? Or just wishfull thinking? The 265's are a little narrower than 31x10.5, and was hoping with the right backspace they might fit. My old XJ had 3" and 31's, and would only rub at full lock (shields behind frt bumper). Always thought if they had a little more backspace, they would have fit good. Thanks again...

RE 3.5 usually gives you close to 4" of lift. That should be plenty for 265's, depending on the wheel you want to run. I am running 3" lift and 245/75/16 MTR's on moab wheels with zero trimming and I think I could go 265's with just very minor trimming. Plan on doing a SYE to properly eliminate drivetrain vibes. A transfer case drop and shimming the rear diff may get you by but thats just a bandaid, not a real fix. Just depends on how picky you are about your vehicle. Just my $0.02

Back