• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing door glass

peeweexj

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched, but all the window removal threads do not help me.

I just got new doors, and I'm trying to swap my tinted rear door glass into my new doors.

I can't get the main roll-up glass out of the door. I got the half glass out, but I have no idea how to get the main glass out. Because the windows are rolled up, I have no access to the window glass stud.

I undid all of the bracketry, but can't get the window to come down.

Any suggestions?

Also, I am going to tint the front doors (both windows), and was wondering whether I should take the glass out to tint them, or leave them in? The doors are on my floor, so I suppose it'd be much easier to do than on the vehicle.

Thanks

When I took the glass out of my 96 parts XJ. I drilled a hole in the door from the inside to remove the screw. It's covered by the panel anyway.

Take off the inside plastic trim panel. Roll the window up or down until the hardware that fastens it to the mechanism is visible. Leave the up and down mechanism bolted down and inside the door.

Last edited:
peeweexj said:
That's my problem. How do I get the windows down? They're power windows and the doors are in my room.

Got an extra battery? Get a hold of one and a pair of electrical jumper wires and go to town. Just a thought.

Back