• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drilling holes in trail ights to let water drain from them?

Plays For Jeeps

NAXJA Forum User
I have 5 trail lights mounted on my light bar and as you can see they are mounted upside down. Thus, water can collect in them.

I was thinking about frilling a sing hole in each light to drain any water that may accumulate in them. I will caulk the spaces where water is getting into the lights but could I leave the holrs under the lights to drain any water that might fall in them in the future?

Will they fog up all the time? Thanks.

IMG00400.jpg

If those are the style I'm thinking of you should have been able to just flip the lens, and trim ring. I'm assuming the hole is now on top 'cause you have them upside down. They should be changeable for a hanging mounting as well as the pedestal mount. If not I don't see where you should have any major problem adapting them the way you are talking about. Sense they are mounted hight enough to not get submerged.

Back