• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wondering if this will make a good rear?

teamdescent

NAXJA Forum User
built rear Dana 60.
60" WMS-WMS 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker, 5 on 5.5, Eldorado Disk brakes
Semi-floater. Set-up for a 4-link . Could be used in just about anything. It was originally a Ford housing

i was wondering if this would make sense in the rear. plan on doing a coil conversion in the rear and going up to 35's w/ 6-7in. lift but not soon(on 33's now). i know it is overkill but good price already the way i need it. also have a crazy built d30 w/ ox co-mo shafts, trussed and upgraded out the wazoo and 4.56 gears lined up for the front that has been run w/ 35's for a while.
how much would you pay for it? does it make any sense?
help, please..

It's a 60....but a semi float. So like a uber bad ass dana 44. The real wet dream would be that same axle but full floating and 35 splined shafts. I'd probably pay $600-700 used, more if it was a full floater.

does have 35 spline shafts. i think he did everything but it never made it into vehicle. an uber 44 would be fine, as i don't want to go much larger he has 1500obo but it's been around for a while so i am sure he will take less(i hope)

Last edited:
Shave about a grand off his price. I paid $550 for a 9", 60.5" WMS, Moser Alloys, 4.56s, Full Detroit, and disc brakes. Really nothing too special about a SF 60. I don't doubt that he has $1500 into the axle. But what it's "worth" is something entirely different.

darn, :( hmmmm. i will keep looking around. (i thing they are a little more plentiful out by you used as well, but i definitly hear what your saying)

Sounds like a good plan to me. The 30 is worth the cost of the parts in it and you can use the warn lock-out hub conversion kit to get your 5 on 5.5" wheel pattern to match the rear if you need it. I like the semi floating dana 60's over a 44 because the weight is right where you need it. Low. I'd say a grand each would be a great deal in my area.1200-1500 is probably the asking price. It cost me about 1500 to build a ford 8.8 with a No-slip and more to hop up a ruby 44 front. Well thats driveshafts and everthing to get er done. Summit has Micky Tompson outlaw rims for 98 bucks 15X8 5 on5.5" if you need rims that won't wobble at high speed.

Back