• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cibie headlight question

wcbuyer

NAXJA Forum User
I need some information from someone who is using Cibie 200mm headlights and it has to be the Cibie brand. I need to know if the flat part at the top above the bulb has reflective material on it. Of course the curved back part where the bulb sits does and the bottom part does – but does the flat part at the top have it. I discover some type of material had pealed off of the top when I had the lights out while doing the wiring upgrade. The lights are only 27 or so years old so I guess they may be showing some wear. Several years ago I had to glue the lens of one of them back to the housing.

They may still have life left in them. They have not been on the road all of their years. I called 2 different places that sell lights and one said there should be reflective material on the top and the other said no. The back and bottom is in good shape. I also have a pair of the 4x6 lamps for a 4 headlamp system and they do not have reflective material on the top. Thats why I am asking for someone who has them to take a look for me.

Thanks

Mine don't have much of a reflective surface on the top.

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1713.jpg

Back