• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock suggestion for 2" BB and BPE

peleejosh

NAXJA Forum User
Please give some suggestions on shocks for this 2" budget boost. I also put bar pin eliminators on. I want a shock that I won't have to take the stupid bar pin out, I already ruined 2 shocks trying to get it out. So do shocks come with the bar pin already installed? If not I am good to go.

Skyjacker, Rancho, Deustch Tech to name a few that do not come with the bar pin installed. i'm sure there are more. OMEs come with a proprietary bar pin that does not easily fit BPEs, so may not be what you want. the others i mentioned do come with the bushings so since you already have the BPEs you'll be ready to go. personally i've had good results w/ Skyjacker, not so good with the DTs. do a little searching here and you'll get an idea as to what length ya need. and u can take a look at Quadratec.com to check out the lengths they offer and choose what u want w/o the bar pin - no i don't work for them, i just had an easy time using their website.

bilstein and old man emu a.k.a OME. Neither are cheap both last both ride and flex and well if you never driven in a vehicle with nice shocks, then in a similarly equiped and lifted one with say pro comps or similar its hard to explain. Nice shocks make a huge difference.

You can get bilstein 5100 series from summit for $75-79 'ish

Back