• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Pads and Shocks

AfricaXJ6

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys;
I wish to buy fornt and rear brake pads and shoes.

Also Shock absorbers for front and rear.I notice some leakage on all shocks .I guess it needs replaxement ?When i take a bunp on the road; the jeep rocks a lot.

Can anyone suggest a good online store to make this purchase.What brands should I buy.

I have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee ;4.0 litre petrol.

regards
collin

PS: For those interested.I had my aircon compressor replaced and initially did not think it was cool enough.Today I took it to the garage and they tested it with a thermometer.It tested 9 degrees celcius when switch wa s on full(fan setting 4).It droped to 6 degrees when switch was on midway(setting 2 of fan).The technician said that the evaporator needs some time to cool before provide best cooling inside cabin.This is usually an issue when just starting teh aircon.He also mentioned that this shoudl take approximately 5 minutes.

I use NAPA Premium Pads and Shoes, the ones with "AE" in the part number. They perform well, are quite and last a reasonably long. They are on the expensive side, but not outrageous, like $57 for pads, $28 for shoes.

Shocks, I was able to find Tonkico Shocks online, don't have the website with me, they are hard to find, but they do perform well, about $55 a shock.

TOK-trek-shock.jpg

Sorry, Tokico Trek Master Shocks, and they do perform well on a STOCK suspension on the street. I've only used them on the lightest trail (since I'm 2WD), so go with other opinions for wheeling. Ride is just the right balance of smooth and firmness, as well as great body control in turns and lane changes.

Prevous Owner of my XJ had the original factory shocks still on at 200k miles, the vehicle floated like an overloaded boat in a squal, with the worn out sway bar bushings, even moderate turns and sudden steering wheel movements were a hair raising experience.

A website selling the Tokico for a similiar price that I paid:
http://www.car-stuff.com/performanc...5&model=149&brand=3635&part_name=26&category=

The full selection:
http://www.car-stuff.com/performance/brand.php?make=14&year=1995&model=149&category=9&part_name=26

Last edited:
For DD stock I use Monroe SensaTrac. Same discription as the Tokico from Rick for ride. Napa sells them as well. I happend to find a full set on Craigs list with the fronts used for 8 months and the rears still new in the box for all for $80.
The Reflex is an updated design of the same perfromance.

Back