• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS quicker discos

General lee

NAXJA Forum User
Not really worth tech, but does anyone have any pictures of either where their pegs are located (that the discos connect to when they are disconnected from the axle), or their ziptie/bungee contraptions to keep the swaybar up?

I kinda' want to just instal the pegs (so I don't have to mess with bungees and zipties on the trails), but I want to at least know where the best place to mount the pegs is.

Also, (I don't know how this compares to the stock bumper [in reference to space under the wheel wells]), but I have a JCR bumper, so I have a ton of room under there to work with:
DSCF1212.jpg

Thanks!

-Jim

You need the oem front skid plate in order to mount the pegs. At least that is what JKS says and where I have mine mounted. I know that they would not work anywhere else on my XJ.

If you don't have the factory front skid you could bend up some copper pipe and flatten one end. Drill the flattened end so it can be bolted to the frame. Drill the other end for the lynch pin. Position the 'peg' end of the pipe in the same place where the JKS pegs would otherwise be.

General lee said:
Also, (I don't know how this compares to the stock bumper [in reference to space under the wheel wells]), but I have a JCR bumper, so I have a ton of room under there to work with:

MMMM JCR's old shop jeep.

I do the same thing as the DPG pic above, except I use a small dog collar instead of the cable. It was less than $10 at the hardware store for eye screw, washers, nut and dog collars. There was already a hole below where my airbox used to be, just put it right there. I use another cheap dog collar on the passenger side to hold it up. Zipties work fine too.

jackdes said:
I do the same thing as the DPG pic above, except I use a small dog collar instead of the cable. It was less than $10 at the hardware store for eye screw, washers, nut and dog collars. There was already a hole below where my airbox used to be, just put it right there. I use another cheap dog collar on the passenger side to hold it up. Zipties work fine too.

Same thing minus useing dog collars. I just used 1/8 coated wire and a clasp on each end. That way the wire isn't hanging under the Jeep all the time.

J-Roc said:
sorry for the off topic but what size lift you running on yer XJ, that looks really sharp with the Moabs...
3" all around w/an extra 3/4" in the front.
Moabs w/ 32"(metric) MT/Rs.
(I just found out that it requires a little bit of triming [but not much]).

Oh, and as far as the discos go,

I found a good spot to bungee to, and life is good! :cheers:

DSCF1242.jpg

Thanks everyone!!!

-Jim

Has anyone installed the pegs? I have a factory from skid, and I'm considering the peg install. Any info would be much appreciated!

Back