• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing lift

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
i am currently planning on installing a re lift. just wandering if i do the back first and dont get to the front can i drive it with just the back lifted? just to other side of town to my house. using garage on other side of town to install it

i had the same situation. i did the rear at a garage across town, drove with stock front and 3'' rear. i got home and did the front at a real slow pace. 3'' coils and shocks. i borrowed a spring compressor from auto parts store, any store will do, but i got the 2 threaded rod style compressor. i found the rear to be more troublesome at home on my back soo i did it at my bro in laws garage with pnuematic tools and a lift. the fronts i did with hand tools. i little forewarning, the upper rear shock mounting bolts may break off, use brute force and knock the old ones out and replace with grade eight bolts and use lock washers to keep from spinning. i put them in place with long angled needle nosepliers. the front coils went in easy, undo the front sway bar and jack oposing end of axle that you will be removing the coil from and i stood on my brake disc and muscled them out the same for installing. i found some info on rustys.com and quadratec.com no one site has all the info . i dont know where i went with this, i hope it helps. i spent three months looking for a lift and researched eveyday on install tips.

i am leaning more towards the rear because i have done leaf springs bf in another vehicle and there is less to remove/install. i wouldnt hurt anything would i if i was to drive home tonite and finish the rest tomorrow? i have the 8.25 rear and superflex rear springs

the front coil installs are done easiely with a coil compressor, air tools, and a 2nd person to stand on the rotor, aiding coil insertion

... it really helps...

i alos have arms and a trackbar for the font that has to go in. it wouldnt hurt anything driving with the rear lifted would it?

nope, easier to drive with the rear higher than the front

Back