• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf springs - what should I do?

RockTracXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My current leaf packs are all wrapped to crap. So, I've been thinking about what I should do next. I thought briefly about trying to re-arch my current packs, but don't really want to do that anymore. So, I've been debating between RE and BOR. The RE ones are definitely a lot cheaper, but I'm worried about their longevity after reading a few posts on here about wrapped or broken RE springs, even newer ones. I'm currently around 6" of lift and will stay there.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I have the RE 4.5" springs with 1.5" shackles (came with the RE 6200 5.5"). These springs have been on for about 2.5yrs and I have wheeled it pretty hard with no problems.

I would have no problem buy RE springs again. They ride great and flex nice.

Hope this helps.

Visit us at www.pa-wheeling.com

Lunatic728 said:
I have the RE 4.5" springs with 1.5" shackles (came with the RE 6200 5.5"). These springs have been on for about 2.5yrs and I have wheeled it pretty hard with no problems.

I would have no problem buy RE springs again. They ride great and flex nice.

Hope this helps.

They've not deformed from axle wrap? Do you sit at 6" with a full load?

Back