• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heated seat trouble

BryanXJ2000

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I want to start of by saying I enjoy reading all of these great post. This is my first post after reading since November when I got my first XJ a 00 limited. My question is my heated seats are not working. When I bought the XJ the passenger didn't work but the driver side did work. Now all of a sudden the driver side is doing the same thing the passenger side is doing. That is when I hit the switch the light on the switch will just blink. With the passenger side I just thought it was the eliment that went bad, but the driver side was working one day and the next not. Can the eliments just go like that? any help would be great. Thanks allot.

Get yourself a 12v test light. Unplug the connector from the seat and put the test lamp leads into the connector. Not the connector from the seat, but the one coming up from the floor. You may have to swap the leads around to get the correct polarity. Turn the seat switch on. If you don't get the light to light in either position, then the problem is in the wiring going to the switch. It could be fuse, relay, switch or wiring. If you progressively check each component, you'll isolate the problem.

If you get a light, then the problem is the seat heater.

If your light is lit on the dash I don't think it is a fuse. It should be on the same power I would think...but I could be wrong. The fuse is a easy thing to check though. Just check it for ohms, if you are getting a reading the fuse is good. I wish you good luck in your troubleshooting!!

Mine does the same thing, same Jeep. 2000 Limited. When I bought it the drivers didn't work, now the passenger is intermittent. If your switch is blinking, it's probably the heaters. It's not that the element goes bad, but the wiring shorts. You can pull your leather off and try to find the problem (in our Jeeps the heater and seat cover are 1 piece) or you can live with it. I have done the latter...

Back