• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Jeeps

88xjchief

NAXJA Forum User
HPIM0183.jpg

When I saw this I was was like Jeep really screwed up on this.

HPIM0184.jpg

Concept Jeep Trailhawk.

I love the trailhawk. Its really badass looking. If it was built by a different company most of us wouldn't have a problem with it. If I was looking for a AWD car like the WRX I'd be really interested!

File 05 said:
I love the trailhawk. Its really badass looking. If it was built by a different company most of us wouldn't have a problem with it. If I was looking for a AWD car like the WRX I'd be really interested!

WRX STI :worship:

I think the Patriot does look a lot like the Cherokee but I doubt you will see to many of them lifted because you can only get a 4 banger in it. The other drawback to the Patriot is the towing, it blows!!

As for the Gladiator, do this instead!
http://www.aev-conversions.com/

I think it is awesome but I it would be really cool if there was an option to have the back enclosed also with removable seats. See I sold my extended cab pickup to get a cherokee for more interior room but now I miss having a pickup bed. I wish someone made a vehicle that could combine the 2 things I am looking for.

I think the Trailhawk is badass. I wish they built it up for some serious wheelin, because i could just see that thing on some 37's but hopefully we will luck out with the Hurricane.

im keeping my eye on this one, lol
IMG_0895.jpg

I really wish they'd make the Gladiator, but like klennop said, the Brute conversion is about as close as we can get. If I had the money (and a Wrangler) I might try it.

As for the Patriot, that's not a new Cherokee. It's 4-banger only, front wheel drive standard, and has minimal ground clearance, even though they'll probably still slap the trail rated badge on it. Everyone seems to forget that the Cherokee never really died, it just got a new name, Liberty and KJ.

In all foreign markets, the KJ is still called a Cherokee: (Notice the badge)
20061210043319CIMG0012.jpg

The complete redesign of the platform strayed far enough away from the original to make people think it was an entirely new vehicle, but the 2008 Liberty seems to be coming back toward the original Cherokee design:

2008-liberty.jpg

Just my .02. I'm done now.

TrueBlueXJ said:
As for the Patriot, that's not a new Cherokee. It's 4-banger only, front wheel drive standard, and has minimal ground clearance, even though they'll probably still slap the trail rated badge on it.

You may want to take a look at this post comparing stock Cherokee and Patriot specs before saying that. The Patriot is surprisingly close to the XJ in a lot of key dimensions, and actually has more ground clearance stock than the XJ did. It's also interesting to note the run that Expeditions West put one through a few months ago (here); while its not an XJ in terms of overall ability, it's at least three-quarters of the way there - and way ahead of everything else in its class.

91 Jeep Project said:
Now taking bets on when AEV will start making these out of the JK.

kits are already available for TJs to give them the "gladiator"esque look. i actually REALLY like this design. i hope someone takes over jeep, and brings back the true meaning of it. the go anywhere, do anything vehicle...

Travis

Back