• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanted: upper rear shock mounts 97+ xj

justinbittner

NAXJA Forum User
i broke one, so i guess i need to replace both. if anyone can help me with custom mounts or factory ones or whatever, id greatly appreciate it. im near pittsburgh pa, if anyone is close by, thatd be great.
[email protected]

justinbittner said:
i broke one, so i guess i need to replace both. if anyone can help me with custom mounts or factory ones or whatever, id greatly appreciate it. im near pittsburgh pa, if anyone is close by, thatd be great.
[email protected]

Take off your rear sway bar - it is universally accepted that you don't need it - and use the mounts for that as upper shock mounts. You'll just need to buy a proper length 1/2 inch bolt and nut, and a bearing sleeve for each side...

xj-grin said:
Take off your rear sway bar - it is universally accepted that you don't need it - and use the mounts for that as upper shock mounts. You'll just need to buy a proper length 1/2 inch bolt and nut, and a bearing sleeve for each side...
X2 you dont need the rear and like said above use the mounts for the upper shock mounts.

Back