• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPE Build Question

You "do not" want to use sway bar mounts for bpe's.It rotates to pivot point 90* and will cause binding!

you could use them for front bpe right? i dont know if the holes will line up but does it matter if the front shocks rotate?

he is right. the way you want your shocks to mount is the way they are mounted from factory. JKS and Rocky Road keep the eyelet the same, rustys however pivots the shocks 90deg. i think the rocky roads are about 25-30 shipped, id go with those instead of making some.

uncc civilengineer said:
what do you mean... how is it any different that a bar pin up up front on the axle mount?
Its not!You dont want to use them up front either!JKS mounts(and all the other "reputable" manufacturer's) do not change the pivot points.
p_9603.jpg

RCP Phx said:
You "do not" want to use sway bar mounts for bpe's.It rotates to pivot point 90* and will cause binding!

I've been using this method in the rear for years and, at 6.5" of lift and 33s, the tires stuff the wheel well long before any binding occurs. I've never had a negative issue having done this. The bolts preload the bushing and there is no clunking or binding.

RCP Phx said:

true for the front, not for the rear (rear works fine)

Back