• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window moulding

I am sort of restoring my Jeep (giving it some love in the body department with paint and bondo) and I was looking at my crappy old looking window moulding. I recently replaced alot of the weather stripping and it was terribly expensive from the Dealership. Is the window moulding availalbe somewhere from the aftermaket for a 1990 4 door cherokee? if so where?

I found a place online about 2 months ago that hasd the complete kit for the wing side windows for about 190.00. Id dont know if that is cheaper or not.

Do you have the website address? Im assuming by wing you mean the vent windows which are a roayal pain in the ass for me and I wan4t to replace them with fixed ones.. at some point

I am doing the exact same thing! In this regard, anyone know how to get the rubber-coated chrome strip off (located on the outside of the doors, which the above mentioned "wipes" fit in to)? It seems that (contrary to my collection of Jeep books indicate) the window channel for my rear doors is rivited to the door, behind this exterior trim piece thingy. For the life of me I can't figure out how that sucker is attached...and so I can't get my rear window channels out to replace the weather stripping in 'em.

TheNerd said:
I am doing the exact same thing! In this regard, anyone know how to get the rubber-coated chrome strip off (located on the outside of the doors, which the above mentioned "wipes" fit in to)? It seems that (contrary to my collection of Jeep books indicate) the window channel for my rear doors is rivited to the door, behind this exterior trim piece thingy. For the life of me I can't figure out how that sucker is attached...and so I can't get my rear window channels out to replace the weather stripping in 'em.

Those pieces are called reveal molding. I thought they were snapped onto some clips, but I haven't swapped mine out yet. I have not seen them anywhere besides the dealer.

I have a complete set from a '97 they don't have wing windows but they will fit if you modify them just a bit. let me know if you guys are interested.

ZJeepX said:
this is off topic but did the new weather stripping help much with wind noise

It should. The vent windows are a very common source of wind noise. The weather stripping around the doors will also let a lot of noise in if they are in bad shape.

ZJeepX said:
this is off topic but did the new weather stripping help much with wind noise

The window channels helped me more than the wipes. I replaced my (too short and) rotted and crumbly channels with some generic stuff from JCWhiteny and she ('87) is just as quiet now as my '01.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/Weatherstrip/index.html

All I have to say is "Thank the Jeep Gods!" I have been lookng for the stupid molding for ages. The dealer didn't even look it up and told me they stopped making the replacement window rubber for anything older than mid 90's. I found the door seals but until now I haven't been able to find the "sqeegee" style that go where the door meets the bottom of the window. This company made my year old headache go away and my local dealer is a tool.

Buying a full kit from teamcherokee is a little expensive and usually the exterior wipes only need to be replaced. If you want to buy individual parts omix-ada makes them for a lot less and can be ordered from www.cyberjeep.com or other omix-ada dealers. Usually the descriptions of these parts are bad and need to be matched by part number.

Chrome strips or trim is held on by clips and they rust and become stuck over time and takes some work to remove without damage.

cherokee89 said:
It should. The vent windows are a very common source of wind noise. The weather stripping around the doors will also let a lot of noise in if they are in bad shape.

I am not sure what wind noise even sounds like? I have a diesel in mine.:laugh:

Back