• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires for Rocks(Trail Only)

oakesters

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking for a good tire for rocks, i live in nor-cal, wheel in rocks, hate mud,Im going to run a 14bolt soon, so i think bigger then 37s, looking at maxxis 38.5/ iroks/ mtr setc, so i want some feed back, i would like it to be on a 17inch rim, i want walker evans rims. i like the maxxis creepy crawler, but here there hard rubber, irok i here there more a mud tire, mtr seem more of a dd/trail, Bfg krawler only in 37, and i think thats to small for a 14bolt. So i just want a very good rock/trail tire.- Thanks for all the help, p.s i have searched. P.s whats a good tire size to run on a 14bolt.?
Ron

If I was you I would choose the BFG Krawlers. They are the best performing tire I've seen in a long while. But I would also look into Pitbull tires. Those are very nice.

Maxxis Creepy Crawlers (40") in competition compound or Maxxis Trepadors in competition compound (37") or Mickey Thompson Baja Claw in competition compound (37").

Scrappy said:
Maxxis Creepy Crawlers (40") in competition compound or Maxxis Trepadors in competition compound (37")

X2.... there is nothing like Maxxis.... especially the Creepies

look at the MTR's in 40" there made in a comp compound. very sticky, my buddy runs them on his yj, and they do awesome in every terrain we've found here in alaska. actually most size mtr's can be had in 2-3 different compounds most people don't realize that.

oakesters said:
1)Any others, how about the iroks/ or Super Swapers sx's? Nothing worth talking about honestly. The new "breed" of tires out does the swampers in almost every way.

2)whats the min./ tire to run on a dana 60 front, 14bolt rear? 38's/39's/40's? 37s I think. I would go to 40s without thinking to much about stuff. You would want 35 spline stuff in the front and probably alloys.

''Unfortunately, the Comp 40s are NOT part of the deal..
they are reserved for race teams only, so you will have to get them through a race team...'-Zjmikey

I want these tires, how, can you get them? anywere????????-Ron

marshapepper said:
look at the MTR's in 40" there made in a comp compound. very sticky, my buddy runs them on his yj, and they do awesome in every terrain we've found here in alaska. actually most size mtr's can be had in 2-3 different compounds most people don't realize that.

**Can you get the comp compounds? or only teams, is this the same for 39 bfg krawlers?? thanks for the help- Ron

Back