• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ leaf springs on an XJ

Quills

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody heard of putting MJ leaf springs on an XJ? I read somewhere that you would get over 10 inches of lift in the rear. Is this true?

barillms said:
No, buy you'll get about 5-6 inches of lift. And you'll need to relocate either your front or rear spring hanger because they are longer springs.

5 or 6 if you add an AAL and a 1" block
unless you're talkin about a Lift spring pack for an MJ, otherwise a stock leaf from an average worn-out MJ (87-89) Might get ya about 2 or 3"
and yeah you'll have o relocate the rear mount (& redrill the center-pin holes)
or also the front mount also.

i used the front stock xj mount redrilled the center-pin holes and relocated the rear mount on the bottom of my custom bumper

for a short while i ran a crazy combo of MJ shackle into the stock rear mount and another shackle (2" longer than stock-lift shackle) connecting it to the spring.. it was like a homebrew backwards-ass revolver shackle
it worked ok- i was just afraid it would cause the stock sheet metal to fail and/or fold the wrong way after a hard flexing extension and conpression..

Back