• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jks upper shock mounts

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
i just got some upper shock mounts and hey are actually for the zj an tj.i looked at jks site and supposedly the ones for xj/mj/yj have a 10* offset.what is the purpose of the offset and can i use the no offset ones i just got?i am mounting some dt8000 shocks which do not have the stud mount.hence the reason i need conversions.any help i would appreciate.:peace:

Not sure about the 10* off-set, but on my front shocks, I made my own adapters to allow use of "eye"-"eye" shocks. I discovered when at full droop, the change in position of the axle, and, accordingly, the lower shock mount, caused significant binding in the shock mounts. I had to re-fab with a significant "off-set" to accommodate this. It's a compromise between shock alignment at ride height, versus alignment extended and/or compressed.

i was thinking about that but then again when it articulates the axle actually goes toward the drivers side an all i can see is if it was offset that when it goes up wont the opisite side move opposite of fthe off set?

Pretty expensive "turd polishing". The axle movement I was talking about is front/rear--not side to side. The way to determine if you have need for offsets in the shock mounts, is to jack the Jeep up and let the tires droop, without sway bar, or shocks attached to the lower mounts. Pull the shock down and see if it easily drops into position on the lower shock mount. Then you know exactly what you need.

yeah turd polishin-gots ta love it!!- anyways if the mounts have the open area towards the front an back i should be able to swing back an forth then---right? side to side wont matter then???

I think the reason the stock upper mount is a bayonet type, is to allow multi-directional adjustment to binding. You get movement from side-to-side, as well when drooping--how far depends on how much droop.

Back