• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5 super-ride

99chero

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinkin about the RE 3.5 inch super ride kit wit add a leaf and i am wonder that you guys think of it, is it a good kit and do i need a tcase drop bracket and could i make 33's fit with that? also what gears should i go with that.
thanks
Jhery

Go with full packs and budget for an SYE kit,youll more than likely need it!

99chero said:
whats the advantage of the full packs as to the add a leaf

The AAL will eventually sag, as it is basically doing all the work.
I have that exact kit myself, and I went with that one because it fit my budget at the time. I have since built my own spring pack using a combination of the AAL, XJ and MJ springs and I am very happy with it.

I have the RE 3.5 Super-Flex kit and I love it. I'd say go full packs rather than AAL. Full packs will be stiffer and not sag as quickly. I netted around 5.5" rear and 4.5" front with my SF kit, but it will probably settle to around 4" all around. As for 33s, you can make it work with a LOT of trimming, depending on how much flexed-out wheeling you plan to do. My 31s fit nicely with no trimming, and I might be able to get away with 32s with minimal trimming, but 33s will def. rub.

4.5" of lift and some fender trimming would clear 33s, but if you don't wanna trim then you're prob. looking at 5.5" to clear them and get them to stuff up in the wells off-road. The first thing you really need to ask yourself is whether or not you NEED 33s for what you want to do. My lift and 31s gets me plenty of places, and if I decide to go bigger one day then I have the option of spacers and shackles to clear 32s, or trim and fit 33s.

As for your t-case drop question, I've heard 97+ XJs are really bad about vibes. Mine's a '96 and I have no vibrations at all, but the same probably won't be true for you.

TrueBlueXJ said:
4.5" of lift and some fender trimming would clear 33s, but if you don't wanna trim then you're prob. looking at 5.5" to clear them and get them to stuff up in the wells off-road. The first thing you really need to ask yourself is whether or not you NEED 33s for what you want to do. My lift and 31s gets me plenty of places, and if I decide to go bigger one day then I have the option of spacers and shackles to clear 32s, or trim and fit 33s.

As for your t-case drop question, I've heard 97+ XJs are really bad about vibes. Mine's a '96 and I have no vibrations at all, but the same probably won't be true for you.

do you hav a drop tcase bracket with yours?? i really dont care if i have to trim, i dont plane on doing totally flexed out wheeling, mostly mud holes and such. i was wondering can i use us 5 inch or so shackles in the rear with my stock leaf springs or is that a bad idea?

Back