• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problems starting please help

excali1972

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 96 cherokee 4.o 6 inline 4x4 it has a habit of starting when it wants to and within an hour it starts we think its either the neutral safety switch or the ignition switch. is there anyone who can tell me if there is a way to bypass the neutral switch or give any advice on what to do. its been a problem for me because i have limited funds any advice would help thank you we have also checked thge baterry cleaned all cables everything is good. it will be fine for a awhile and then it just wont start sometimes ive had problems with the neutral switch before and we took it out and cleaned it put it back in and it worked i have power when the key is turned on

Last edited:
excali1972 said:
i have a 96 cherokee 4.o 6 inline 4x4 it has a habit of starting when it wants to and within an hour it starts we think its either the neutral safety switch or the ignition switch. is there anyone who can tell me if there is a way to bypass the neutral switch or give any advice on what to do. its been a problem for me because i have limited funds any advice would help thank you we have also checked thge baterry cleaned all cables everything is good. it will be fine for a awhile and then it just wont start sometimes ive had problems with the neutral switch before and we took it out and cleaned it put it back in and it worked i have power when the key is turned on

Your heep is posessed! :D

Back