• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get brake lines???

jackdes

NAXJA Forum User
I just pulled out my old master cylinder and brake booster on my 92 XJ to upgrade to the 99-04 WJ setup. I couldn't get the lines off the m/c without stripping them, so I took them off at the proportioning valve.

Now my question is where can I get these lines? I know I need 2 lines about 6-8" long with a 7/16" end on one side, and whatever the GC m/c size is (assuming 1/2", but I will check first), and 1/2" on one side and then to the other GC m/c line (assuming 7/16", this is how is was on the original).

Should I go to the stealership? Or just a brake shop? I am just wondering where an easy pickup of this would be.

Thanks

jack

I used the GC brake lines that was on the doner master cylinder. I cut the lines and used my existing ends from my old lines I removed. I double flared them and they worked fine.

So I think the front fitting in the WJ m/c is 10mm and the rear is 12mm. Is this correct? I just want to make sure, I know how the parts shops can be sometimes

Back