• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wagoneer springs on XJ?

adamtn

NAXJA Forum User
Would wagoneer springs fit an XJ? My stock leaf pack is totally flat. How would they affect the ride height? Would a cherokee AAL kit fit the pack if i got a lift kit later? Thanks for the input.

First of all, what kind of Wagoneer? There are XJ Wagoneers and also Full Size Jeeps that are Wagoneers and Grand Wagoneers. The stock rear spring packs from a full size wagoneer are longer, I'm not sure exacly how much but I'm estimating around 5" longer.

You would be better off getting Comanche rear leafs, they are spring under stock. A stock pair of Commanche leafs mounted Spring Over will give you around 5" of lift, plus the longer spring will provide more flex. You would have to relocate your rear shackle hanger to accomodate the longer MJ spring.

Time to look into the S-10 bastard pack. Easy days work, super cheap (or free) and you can pick and choose your lift, I went with all the S-10 leafs under the XJ main and got a little over 4" plus my 2" shackles.

the problem with the s-10 bastard pack is the use of the xj main leaf. once you rearc the leaf for lift it becomes too short leaving you with a horrible shackle angle which limits flex. the mj leaves sound like the best bet.

Not the best pictures but I think the shackle angles are decent. I had no issue with them being short, still fit in atleast. Overkill on the pics I know, but hopefully someone can use them as referance.

Picture009-1.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg

Picture011.jpg

And stock flat leafs, thanks in part to the longer shackles
shackle.jpg

Back