• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 topics big problem?

audioxj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting a 6" lift installed w/ 33's everything on my truck is stock am i gonna need lower gears? Are the stock axles enough to handle getting air on the dunes?
Also, this seems to be quite a problem. For the last month or so if my truck sits for more than an hour, when I start it up and accelerate like normal the rpms wont go past 2500 all of a sudden theyll shoot up to what they sould be then immediatly go back down, up and down for the first couple mins i drive it. Putting it to the floor seems to make it go away faster but it doesnt sound very good when i do it. does any one know what the hell is wrong w/ my truck?

98 xj
in a week ill have
6" RR 33"MT/R's ARB snorkel
Bushwacker cut out flares

Yes, probably 4.56 or lower to get any decent acceleration.

No, jumping is VERY hard on solid axles in general... the lightweight hardware under XJ's isn't built for that kind of abuse.

Dunno. Ask on OEM-Tech forum.

Depends on the application... an 8" wide rim will hold a bead better at low air pressures for rock and trail crawling, but a 10" rim will give a wider footprint for sand and mud. As in anything Jeep related, there is no one correct way to set it up... there are tradeoffs involved.

Back