• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 inch lift on XJ

chinker75

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there all,
I just installed a 3 inch BDS lift in my jeep and was told that I did not need the transfer case drop and it should effect my ride quality... I was wondering if someone could confirm this or should I install it as well.....

Thanks
Jason

No one here can tell you that answer. Go drive it. If it has driveline vibrations then it will need at least a tc drop kit. Some Jeeps are more finicky than others. My 96 needed it when I was at 3". My 2001 needed it with a BB.

Aye, I second that. I'm riding on a 4.5" lift w/ no T-case drop kit. If you're serious about wheeling then I reccomend a SYE kit (and a new driveline to go with it, if you got the money =D ). I'm currently saving up for a SYE and CV Driveline so I can raise it to 6.5" and keep it there. My buddies and I found from good experience to do it right the first time (think of baseball stoppers for coil spacers.... ehhhhh...).

My RRO 3" BB is coming wednesday, and in the research i've gathered on here, there's no telling. No two Jeeps are alike, each reacts in their own way. As mentioned, get everythinig realigned up, take it out and drive it and see what kida vibes you got, then go from there.

I have a 3" BDS and no vibes. I did drop the T-case anyway.

I have about 2 1/2" inches on a modified bds kit. I experience some vibes around 55mph. No transfer case drop yet. U-joints on the rear shaft also have over 100k on them though.

Back