• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header install

Jeepsloth

Gort like Jeep
Just removed the stock exhaust manifold and installed an Edelbrock shorty header this weekend. The stock manifold was cracked about 3/4 of the way around on one of the tubes so I guess it was about time.

One note: the bolts were 3/8 x 16 x 1.25 (oem part number J0186622) and the studs were 3/8 x 16 x 2.036 (overall to include the torx head)

header2.jpg

header015a.jpg

Looks good. Maybe put a piece of flexpipe in for the connection between the manifold and the downpipe? Just to relieve stress on the manifold and hopefully prevent a future crack.

Maybe you could fix your old manifold (weld it) and sell it to me? :)

How do you like the edelbrock? I was looking at one that Auto zone could get free of shipping for $350 or so, ti-tech coating and all. Which coating is that thats on yours? Did it come with a downpipe at all and what is the collector dia? Looks good.

Like it a lot, I ordered the ceramic coating at first (Quadratec) but it was on back order so I went with the Ti-tech coating. It doesn't come with a downpipe and the collector bolts right up to the stock down pipe. I'm having a local exhaust shop replace the downpipe and catalytic converter, that should eliminate the stock bent downpipe. I'm running a Flowmaster cat-back setup so I figure the only restriction is between the header and the muffler.

The seat of the pants dyno indicates better throttle response and the exhaust leak noise has been replaced with a more even tone.

Blaine still want the stock manifold? :)

Last edited:
Back