• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New ____

nastiness....never liked the Liberty :(

looks like a big turd

All of them look like what the cherokee could have looked like if they hadn't decided to get rid of it. But in my opinion they never really got rid of it they just gave it IFS and gave it a new name.
What it all boils down to is that we want a Cherokee/Liberty/Compass that has SOLID AXLES!!!!!
Hell, they still sell cherokees overseas. We just call them libertys over here.

Saw one on the road the other day. Thought it was a Nitro until he cut me off and I saw it said Jeep. Pulled up next to it, and it didn't say Liberty on the side, it said Cherokee. :O

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If GM buys it and uses the H3 platform to make some jeep models...I wouldn't complain...its a much better platform than the stupid Liberty and the even stupider Compass.
Here is the "Vince" plan for Jeep to make more sales in the right markets:
1) Put a diesel in the new JK. Other than that, leave it the f**k alone!
2) Put the next-gen Grand cherokee onto the 4door JK chassis. Use above-mentioned diesel engine.
3) Keep the commander for the yuppies. Its not so bad and it will compete with the tahoe/yukon from GM. Just lift it up about 3" and put some bigger tires on it.
4)Build a "new" commanche onto the JK 4door platform. Again use the aformentioned diesel engine. Make it come with a "rubicon" package...33's and all the same gear as the JK rubicons. Very easy...its called platform sharing.
5) Throw the "compass" into the garbage can. "Copy" the subaru "forester" type crossover vehicle. Keep it with the 4cyl, but add a smaller version of a diesel motor as an option.
6) Use the dodge ram 2500 platform and engine to build a Jeep "heavy-duty" pickup...people will buy these to haul thier trail-jeeps because it says jeep on it.
7) Steal the Durango platform, lift it, and compete with the Hummer H2.

VinceYJ said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. If GM buys it and uses the H3 platform to make some jeep models...I wouldn't complain...its a much better platform than the stupid Liberty and the even stupider Compass.
Here is the "Vince" plan for Jeep to make more sales in the right markets:
1) Put a diesel in the new JK. Other than that, leave it the f**k alone!
2) Put the next-gen Grand cherokee onto the 4door JK chassis. Use above-mentioned diesel engine.
3) Keep the commander for the yuppies. Its not so bad and it will compete with the tahoe/yukon from GM. Just lift it up about 3" and put some bigger tires on it.
4)Build a "new" commanche onto the JK 4door platform. Again use the aformentioned diesel engine. Make it come with a "rubicon" package...33's and all the same gear as the JK rubicons. Very easy...its called platform sharing.
5) Throw the "compass" into the garbage can. "Copy" the subaru "forester" type crossover vehicle. Keep it with the 4cyl, but add a smaller version of a diesel motor as an option.
6) Use the dodge ram 2500 platform and engine to build a Jeep "heavy-duty" pickup...people will buy these to haul thier trail-jeeps because it says jeep on it.
7) Steal the Durango platform, lift it, and compete with the Hummer H2.

The Vince Plan actually makes some sense...generally I like it.:yelclap:

Back